The Mission Statement of St. Pauls UCC, Chicago
St. Pauls Church, as a congregation in the United Church of Christ (UCC), is a community of Christian faith. The Congregation expresses its faith joyfully in the city, through worship, fellowship, education and service. St. Pauls Church affirms the uniqueness of each person as a gift of God with us. It is an open and affirming congregation, accepting into the Congregation and as friends all who believe in God without regard to race, color, age, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or physical ability. St. Pauls Church encourages personal growth in Christian life and dedicated involvement in the ministry of the Church. The heritage of St. Pauls Church calls its Members and Friends to serve and witness as good stewards in the local community and the world.
Consistent with the identified goals of the congregation, St. Pauls Church:
- Provides for regular and special services of worship in which the Congregation opens itself to God’s revelation and power, proclaims the Good News, and thanks God for life through words, music and actions;
- Encourages a sense of fellowship among the Congregation by sharing joys, concerns, commitments and faith, and welcoming others into this sharing;
- Offers educational programs in a variety of forms to meet the diverse needs of the Congregation;
- Advocates for justice and supports financially and by our actions Christian social action and justice in the local community, nation and the world; and
- Supports programs and services in the local community in which Members and Friends of the Congregation live and work; supports Uhlich Children’s Advantage Network (UCAN) and St. Pauls House and Health Care Center, which have special, historical relationships with St. Pauls Church; supports a wider Christian mission in the world; and attempts to meet special and spiritual needs in ways that fulfill the Congregation’s commitment to being witness to God’s love.
Open and Affirming
St. Pauls is an Open and Affirming congregation. We accept into the congregation and as friends all who believe in God without regard to race, color, age, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or physical ability.
You may also be interested in the Statement of Faith from the broader United Church of Christ.