SANCTUARY & CHAPEL
Our beautiful sanctuary and chapel were designed to be places of worship. Activities conducted in these spaces (and therefore the narthex) should be limited to worship, funerals, weddings, baptisms, concerts, meetings and similar gatherings.
The gym is available for all types of activities. It is the only area in which running, throwing, kicking and other such activities (by those over the age of three) are permitted. An adult must be present in the gym to assure safety when children under the age of 18 are playing there, per Safe Church policy. Hard balls and use of bats other than plastic or foam are prohibited.
As of January 2019, use of the stage is restricted to structured and supervised activities.
SOCIAL HALL & OSCAR MEYER ROOM
Both the Social Hall and Oscar Mayer Room are available for a wide variety of gatherings and activities. (See prohibited activities listed as appropriate only in the gym.) The Oscar Mayer Room may also be used for play-like activities in programs for children in preschool.
The Parlor is formal space available for meetings, receptions, education and prayer groups.
POLICIES COVERING ALL SPACES
- When the building is in use, all areas not being used should be locked (if they can be.)
- Running in the halls and stairways is not allowed at any time.
- Those renting a church space are limited to using that area only. This includes guests, siblings and parents of participants. All are expected to adhere to the Safe Church Policy.
- All use of the building must be in accordance with our Safe Church Policy.
- Exceptions to any of the above policies must be approved by the Church Council and put in writing.
- This document will become an addendum to all Lease Agreements with SPUCC.