Lent and Easter at St. Pauls
Join us for 2017 Lent and Easter activities and services for all ages.
- March 1: Ash Wednesday Service, 7:30 pm in the sanctuary, worship and communion.
- April 9: Palm Sunday Service, 10:00 am in the sanctuary, palm branches, songs, children's processional.
- April 13: Maundy Thursday Mindfulness Meals, 6:00 pm and 7:30 pm in the chapel and Oscar Mayer Room.
- April 14: Good Friday Service of Communion and Tenebrae, 7:30 pm in the sanctuary.
- April 15: Easter Egg Hunt, 10:00 am in the chapel and Oscar Mayer Room (please bring a package or two of toilet paper for Lincoln Park Community Shelter).
- April 16: Easter Sunday Services, 9:00 am and 11:00 am in the sanctuary with communion, choir, organ and brass.
Lenten Small Groups
Also join us for Lenten Small Groups beginning March 8. If you'd like to join an existing group that is scheduled below, contact Pastor Matt and let him know which group best fits your schedule:
- Wednesdays at noon: "Loop Lunch" group
- Wednesday mornings at 10:30 am
- Wednesday evenings at 6:15 pm and 6:30 pm
- Thursday mornings at 10:00 am
- Sunday afternoons at 12:30 pm
If you would like to form a group on your own, we will support you! Just gather a group of 4-10 church friends, commit to meeting four times during Lent, and let Pastor Matt know. He'll get you the group leader materials for the UCC Lenten Devotional, "Heart, Soul, Mind, Strength."
On the longest night of the year we welcome the return of light to our world and the coming of the light of Christ. This unique service includes Taize chants and an opportunity to walk the labyrinth by candlelight.