St. Pauls Church, as a congregation in the United Church of Christ (UCC), is a community of Christian faith. The Congregation expresses its faith joyfully in the city, through worship, fellowship, education and service. St. Pauls Church affirms the uniqueness of each person as a gift of God with us. It is an open and affirming congregation, accepting into the Congregation and as friends all who believe in God without regard to race, color, age, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or physical ability. St. Pauls Church encourages personal growth in Christian life and dedicated involvement in the ministry of the Church. The heritage of St. Pauls Church calls its Members and Friends to serve and witness as good stewards in the local community and the world.
Consistent with the identified goals of the congregation, St. Pauls Church:
- Provides for regular and special services of worship in which the Congregation opens itself to God’s revelation and power, proclaims the Good News, and thanks God for life through words, music and actions;
- Encourages a sense of fellowship among the Congregation by sharing joys, concerns, commitments and faith, and welcoming others into this sharing;
- Offers educational programs in a variety of forms to meet the diverse needs of the Congregation;
- Advocates for justice and supports financially and by our actions Christian social action and justice in the local community, nation and the world; and
- Supports programs and services in the local community in which Members and Friends of the Congregation live and work; supports Uhlich Children’s Advantage Network (UCAN) and St. Pauls House and Health Care Center, which have special, historical relationships with St. Pauls Church; supports a wider Christian mission in the world; and attempts to meet special and spiritual needs in ways that fulfill the Congregation’s commitment to being witness to God’s love.
Open and Affirming
St. Pauls is an Open and Affirming congregation. We accept into the Congregation and as friends all who believe in God without regard to race, color, age, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or physical ability.
United Church of Christ Statement of Faith
We believe in God, the Eternal Spirit, who is made known to us in Jesus our brother, and to whose deeds we testify: God calls the worlds into being, creates humankind in the divine image and sets before us the ways of life and death. God seeks in holy love to save all people from aimlessness and sin. God judges all humanity and all nations by that will of righteousness declared through prophets and apostles.
In Jesus Christ, the man of Nazareth, our crucified and risen Lord, God has come to us and shared our common lot, conquering sin and death and reconciling the whole creation to its Creator.
God bestows upon us the Holy Spirit, creating and renewing the church and Jesus Christ, binding in covenant faithful people of all ages, tongues, and races.
God calls us into the church to accept the cost and joy of discipleship, to be servants in the service of the whole human family, to proclaim the gospel to all the world and resist the powers of evil, to share in Christ's baptism and eat at his table, to join him in passion and victory.
God promises to all who trust in the gospel forgiveness of sins and fullness of grace, courage in the struggle for justice and peace, the presence of the Holy Spirit in trial and rejoicing, and eternal life in that kingdom which has no end.